Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Maurice

" -- and he held out his hand. Maurice took it, and they knew at that moment the greatest triumph ordinary man can win. Physical love means reaction, being panic in essence, and Maurice saw now how natural it was that their primitive abandonment at Penge should have led to peril. They know too little about each other – and too much. Hence fear. Hence cruelty. And he rejoiced because he had understood Alec’s infamy through his own – glimpsing, not for the first time, the genius who hides in man’s tormented soul. Not as a hero, but as a comrade, had he stood up to the bluster, and found childishness behind it, and behind something else.”


5 comments:

  1. How did you find this novel??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry..I think I asked how did you find this novel in reading :) I have it anyways, so finding it wasnt an issue ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sid, it's My bad , i somehow misinterpret your question :P . and yeah, you already gave your comment on this but on my other blog.. I found this novel interesting. .but you have to have patience while reading it as it is purely British classic, at least I found it a bit difficult to comprehend the things at first, but as I moved on I found it interesting and yeah, it is brilliant novel.. you won't regret reading it

    ReplyDelete

Free Hit Counter