Saturday, December 5, 2009

Letter to my Mom!

To my dearest Moma,

I know you were never good in English,
But now you have to understand my words,
The words that never got a voice,
the feelings buried in my lies.

Over roasted toasts,
Or sugarless tea.
You appreciated everything,
When "I" was the cook.
Slight dark toasts,
Or less sweeter tea,
I left them there as it is,
When "you" were the cook!

I thought I am the best "son",
And I expected the Best "Mom",
You knew I am not the best son,
Still you tried being the Best mom.

It’s not about those teas or toasts,
It’s not about being best or worst.
It may be out of all my irritation,
That why didn’t you unmask my allegation?

I thought one day,
You will ask me,
“Are you in love?”
I thought one day,
You will realize that,
I am in love.

My thoughts never stopped there,
And expected one day,
You to question me,
“Is he your man?”

Since in twenty two years the day never came,
And now I really can’t play this pretence game.

Your son,
Karan

Reviewed by The Forth Dimension

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Hit Counter