Sunday, September 27, 2009

Tout Droit

Premise: On a curvy lane, how can i go straight?

---)Five days.. two lanes.. single bridge..several thoughts..!!(---

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr Seuss

Day 1, day of confusions:

Back and forth; eroding the gray path,

Every now and then, i am ready to dig and choke.

Am I probing the pent passage?

Or Am I disguising the detached door?


Every passing minute bombarding a new doubt,

contradicting the history of last thirty degree count.

Since now brimming bowl can't hold more,

I am ready to carry nescience out of my soul!



Day 2, day of decision:

Holding hand; Momma's left and dadaa's right,

We advanced straight along the imprecise cluster.

Is it their confident glow that enlightened this lane?

Or they just curtail the rays from things they can't explain?


Kicked by my fate, and the curve fetched me.

the dryness of my throat seems fake,

when it drizzles over me.

If God wanted Me otherwise, He would have created me otherwise.

- Johann Von Goethe



Day 3, day of discoveries:

I cleared the droplets over my glasses,

to appreciate the ravishing RAINBOW,

which untwist beyond my twisted lane,

with pink buds carpeted on either sides.


377; three appalling digits, yet more appalled

over the discontented desires of love and life.

Pseudonym they carry, masking the visage,

to forget the pretense they largely produced.



Day 4, discoveries continued:

Following my heart, I discovered two temples,

And I noticed everything, ignored by others.

The one of Konark depicted the sexual embrace of women,

And a other relief showed a monk giving fellatio to the prince.

Still they call it an evil from western culture,

And it’s better to open old pages to clear confusions.

To my knowledge, Kamsutra belongs to Indian literature, then

WHY Vatsayana devoted an entire chapter to Auparistaka?

Why Sufi literature expressed it a spiritual relation?

And Why Persion poetry related it with moral love?



Day 5, and my final decision:

" Momma must be waiting", It alarmed my dream,

Dadaa's warning notions pulled the strings.

Stepping back to those acquainted paths,

A bridge revealed connecting those disparate lanes.

Before going back, I spared some calories for my new home,

confronting both roads, adjoining the invisible bridge.


Do not follow where the path may lead. Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail.

- Ralph Waldo Emesson



( Now a part of Gaylaxy )

2 comments:

  1. since I am deleting my account, i Don't want to forget all those beautiful comments received from my fellow poet friends of Ah poetry community:

    Manish
    1. Tout Droit ??

    2. Brilliant poem .. and interesting topic

    3. touching !

    4. 4th para can be more poetic, but the content is interesting, read many things abt the same, but never know kamasutra have mentions abt homosexuality ..

    5. all in all good read

    keep writing :)

    ♥Sambhav♥ ★ฬhÓ?★
    Bravo Karan..!!
    Vous creer magique avec votre mots..... I mean you have created magic with your words... Tout droit.. Is one of the most touched poem I have ever read. and the touch you gave to it. with a sense of belonging towards the sociality.. I don't have words... All I can say figure out the best in you...!! This piece of art that you have posted here is just a shore of teh ocean.. Discover teh best in you and write{extract) more intellectual writing fromt he eternal ocean of mindset that you have been gifted by God....@@!!

    Er.DiVinEtA
    Loved every bit of it..

    The intresting things you wrote ... the nice question u put up

    everything is good yet, found something missing...

    Vivekanand
    the best poem i ve yet read in this forum..not just the content,, your poetry too is flowing.. crystal d be the right word for imagery.. somehow it reminds me the movie ..beautiful boxer..someone asks the protoganist who is a transgender "wat is the difference between a male and female" he says..it s not about that..the pain lies in not knowing wat u re...



    HATS OFF

    mridula
    i really dun know what to say...

    i just try to sum up my comments by saying..

    brilliant and different write....

    ReplyDelete

Free Hit Counter